You know your dog can have almost anything, but as a responsible pet parent, you should remember that the foundation of your pet’s health is laid by the kind of food they are having. For these reasons, picking a dog food is not an easy task. To make it easy for you, you can start educating yourself about what makes them healthy and what all are you feeding them. Here is a list of 8 ingredients you should look for when you are choosing your dog’s food:
- Proteins: Your dog may avail protein from various sources like chicken, beef, salmon and duck. Some of the commercial dog foods are made from meat meal which contain real meat product, dried to remove moisture.
- Carbohydrates and grains: In case your dog is not allergic to grains, you can have a recipe which has grains as a minor ingredient. Grains also improve digestibility and serve as a good source of energy.
- Vegetables: These are not necessary in a dog’s daily diet. But, they supply a lot of vitamins and minerals.
- Fruits: Just like vegetables, fruits are not a must have in a dog’s diet. But, some fruits like apple and blueberries can supply them sufficient fiber.
- Oil and fat: Fats should be there in your dog’s diet in a balanced manner. Balanced source of fatty acids helps to keep your dog’s skin and coat healthy.
- Vitamins and minerals: They must be there in your dog’s diet to help maintaining good health. Vitamins and minerals help support metabolic, digestive and immune system as well as keep nerves and blood cells healthy.
- Preservatives: Your dog food should contain natural preservatives like tocopherols and ascorbic acid as they enhance the taste of food and help not to spoil the food.
Blue Buffalo Dog Food is one of those recipes which contain an extensive range of healthy ingredients for optimum health benefits. To avail a pack for your dog, order it today from Pet Supplies 4 Less.